Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dance Festival - Hooray!

Somethings just never get old to me. The giddiness I feel when I buy a tasty smoothie just for me. The look of coordinating fabric stacked together. Time by myself. AHHHHHHH.

There are activities in the school I can pretty much count on every year. I like the class parties, field trips (yes, I said I like them) and the end of the year mantra of field day, plays and performances. Mostly, I look forward to Dance Fesitval. I love to watch all the little kids get try to find their groove while the older kids totally think they have it. I twas not disappointed this year.


Who stands out the most in this picture? Right smack in the middle are Shelby and Nate. This was taken when the kids where coming down to the field.

Gabby's grade did the "ABC, 123" song.




Nathan's grade did the "Cha-Cha Slide."



Sammy was lovin' all the music and dancing. She did her own little show for those sitting by us.

Gabby and Nathan


I just love the sunglasses on Shelby!

I look forward to next year! This is always a highlight of the school experience.

7 comments:

Ella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ella said...

hanks Kellie! I love the dance festival also. It is so much fun I remember doing it when I went to school there in fifth grade.

Shauna said...

Yeah!!! mne too! I loved it. I have loved it for the past 9 years. Wonder if anyone will card me next year if I just show up and do a little dancing in my seat again even without my own kiddos in it. Does that make me weird?!

Great photos...great kiddos! Happy Summer, Mellott friends!

Sherry said...

Surprise! Surprise! Nathan is wearing an orange shirt.

We had a fun time too. Those teachers can shake, rattle, and roll.

Pamela said...

The dance festival is so worth a few cheers and giggles. Jack's class had a fun song and costume. It is very memorable!!

Nicole said...

Kellie, hello! How have you and Carson been? Did you find us through someone or are you a blog surfer? :)

Your family looks so grown up.

Carterista said...

I'm sorry I missed it this year. It was a first so I feel lucky I made it to the other ones.
Who DID Shelby borrow glasses from?