Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Quilts

Prickly Star

Road to Oklahoma



I love to quilt. Fabric is like eye candy for me. I sometimes even find myself taking a good sniff of newly purchased fabric. New fabric, fresh off the bolt - yes, it has a smell.






I'm even taken by how quilt store package your purchase and hand it to you with a knowing smile. These great ladies know how much it means to carefully display my newly acquired fabric in a clear plastic bag tied with a scrap of a luscious fabric print.




Sailboat (hand quilted)


Lucky Stars


I've heard confessions of more than one friend explaining how they stroke their fabric off and on during the drive home. It is so hard to keep my eyes off all the color and design when the fabric is screaming, "LOOK AT ME!" It's like being handed a new box of crayon, untouched by toddler hands. (That's a topic for another blog.)


Wooly Stars



I have been asked many times to send pictures of my quilts to my family and friends. I figure this is as good a venue to allow anyone who is interested to see some of the quilts I have finished. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of everything I have made. Sniff, Sniff. I hope you enjoy these.


Lemoyne Star


Knots on Point (hand quilted)





2 comments:

Shelby said...

Um.....wow. It puts your prolific-ness in perspective when you can see them all laid out in technicolor glory! Some of the quilts looked oddly familiar though..... I especially caught my breath when I saw the goose-chase you gave Carp's mom. Nice collection of "done & perfect" art!

Magan said...

You truely are a talented women!! I love to quilt as well but I have never put together any as beautiful as these you have done. You truly are amazing!