Monday, April 23, 2007

Rock On!

I had a conversation with some friends the other night about music. I’ve heard something I like in almost any genre of music. (I struggle with rap.) I can see how all of it has a place in different parts of our lives. I listen to music while surfing the net, I listen at home while cleaning or relaxing, but I most often listen while driving in my car. With five kids, I do a lot of driving.
I am a product of the 80’s. When a local station plays the 80’s retro stuff I go nuts. My kids think I’m a freak when Jessie’s Girl comes on and I crank it up. But my favorite is classic rock. There is nothing like some good ole Metallica or Ozzy Osborne to keep my mind focused. I love the sound of Boston and Journey. My oldest son got hooked on Scorpions for a while. Maybe that’s not so good.
There is some good stuff out there on the waves. I lean towards rock because I am attracted to the sound. I especially like rock ballads. So, I thought I would share a few of the titles I like and if you are interested, you can look them up and see if you like them too.

**Disclaimer: I am well aware that some of the lyrics are not the most uplifting lyrics ever written. These songs in no way reflect any inner feelings of myself or indicate that I am having any serious issues in my life. I just like the way they sound.

Breath – Breaking Benjamin
Burning Bright – Shinedown
Devils and Angels – Royal Bliss (check out their myspace site)
Better Than Me – Hinder
If Everyone Cared – Nickelback
Bring Me to Life – Evanescence
Broken – Seether (with Amy Lee)
Right Here Waiting - Staind

Classics:
Send Me an Angel – Scorpions
To Be a Man – Boston (actually, anything by Boston)
Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
Silent Lucidity – Queensryche
The Unforgiven II – Metallica
Nothing Else Matters – Metallica
Save All Your Love – Great White

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Kellie--you are true 80's (but not as in "stuck in") chick! No wonder we get along so great! I have heard enough about the years to almost feel like I was there with you but really, if I could go back in time......watching Kellie ruin her formal dress in sea water would be my first choice!

Magan said...

80's was the best!!