Sunday, October 26, 2008

BFF High School Memories

You know how we all check our caller ID when the phone rings and if it is a number we don't know we don't answer it. I did that a few weeks back. Carp was home early and picked it up anyway. It was Becky.

Most of you that read my blog have no clue who Becky is. Well, let me introduce you to my best buddy ever from my youth!


Becky and I with friends at youth conference. Brad Wilcox spoke.




Becky and I met in our ward in Mission Viejo. She always dressed nice, was a dancer and loved to sing. I wore jeans and t-shirts, loved hiking and played a little piano. We had not so much in common, yet everything in common.



As a teenager we all needed to have someone to talk to, someone to share your dreams with, someone to gush over your latest crush with you, and someone to just, well, hang with. Becky was all of that for me.



Becky and I at youth conference at BYU.

We attended the same ward but were in different schools. We both had early morning seminary, but went to different buildings. When we were not in school or seminary, work or dance classes, we were together. I was incredibly lucky to have someone to spend so much of my time with having fun and making great teenage memories.



Becky and Scott/Jon and I ready for Prom.



Becky sang and I played the piano for different church functions. We often would spend time together at the piano playing and singing for fun. We also spent a lot of time at the beach together.

My favorite thing we ever did was write in each others journals. When I read about her dreams and desires for the future I remember sitting on her bed writing the same things in her journal.

When Becky and I went to college we didn't room together. I think we knew better than to do that! When a guy named Scott moved into my ward and showed up in my FHE group, I told him I had a girl I wanted to introduce him too. They are now married and live in the south.

When Carp handed me the phone and I heard Becky's voice I was filled with gratitued that she takes the time to call or come see me when she is out my way. She has a beautiful family. She still teaches dance and has 5 kids from senior down to almost 1 years old. I LOVED SEEING THEM! It's so wonderful to see her happy and have so many good things in her life. I love you Becky and hope you have many more happy years ahead!


Becky with Jet and me with Sam.


Becky and Scott Haslam.


Abrielle, Cloe, Becky and Jet.

6 comments:

tammy said...

Is it just me, or is her oldest daughter a little Becky-clone? She was a pretty girl and is an even prettier mom/woman! I have so much fun re-connecting with some of my old friends.

i'm erin. said...

hahahahahahahahah HAIR! I love the pictures...and can I just say va va va voom of your prom dress! One shoulder? my my kellie, you can tell a lot about a girl from her high school attire..hahahahahaha

I love it. You are a freakin' 80's babe...ummm you don't still have any of those dresses do you?

Sherry said...

WoW!!!! It's like looking at little Carson Jr. but with longer hair and wearing a dress. I always knew he resembled his gorgeous mama but WOW!!!! Can you tell we've been working on Reflections at our house.....WOW!!!

Peggy Eddleman said...

What great fun to meet up with a great friend! LOVE the pictures! Love the big shirts, love the big hair, love the dresses with the big-as-a-houseboat sleeves! Love the black eyeliner on the insides of your lids and the occasional blue eyeshadow. Loved most of the bangs pointing toward the sky with a few of them hanging down....

Brings back my own set of high school memories!

Carterista said...

You'd still fit into them, I'd bet.
Sweet post! Brings back tons of memories.

Shauna said...

Kellie--
You are my friend--as we shared most of the same wardrobe! Oye! The eighties! What a great post!
:) Shauna