Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nathan's 10th

Nathan turned 10 about 5 weeks ago. I was a flake and didn't post anything for weeks - so to catch up, here are some pics from his sleepover.



Bugs, Slugs, Legos, and Spiderwick Chronicles - these are a few of Nathan's favorite things. He got a taste of all of them for his birthday.

Pretty sure that's Noah's 4th finger he's graciously greeting me with. The kids had pizza for dinner and watched movies before FINALLY going to sleep at about 3:30 a.m. in the wee hours of the morn. Three of the boys had soccer games the next day. Surprisingly, they were in a pretty good mood after waking up at 7:00 a.m..


Nathan's favorite color is orange - like you all didn't know that with all the orange t-shirts that kid wears. I made a white cake and put holes in it with the tip of a wooden spoon. Then I poured orange jello over it and topped it with cool whip and orange slices. My mom use to make cakes like this when I was little. Ah, nostalgia!

I love Nathan's crazy friends. There was quite a variety of personalities at his party but they seemed to all get along pretty well.
I'm pretty sure he is not doing this next year. I know it's good for memory making, but I'm not sure I can pump myself up to do this every year. I must be getting old!


3 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

Ew, ew, EW! Who in the world would give him spider legos? EW!

Glad you survived the party! Whew! I bet that took a few days to recover from.

Amy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Nathan!! Looks like it was a lot of fun.

JoMamma said...

Very cool party. I love the cake!