Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Schools back in session!

I could have easily blogged 10 times between today and my last blog. I will have to play catch up. But for now, I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures that I take every year - first day of school pictures. I love these pictures because they really show you how much has changed in one year of life. I just get tickled and a bit choked up when I think about how much my kids have grow and all that they have experienced!

So here we go - another blog of back to school.


Seth left for his first day of high school this morning as a sophmore. He was the first up (not a big surprise) and didn't give me any grief about having to do something with his hair. Yep - I had my doubts about that one, but he came through.


Carson was totally cool and collected getting ready this morning because, hey, he's a senior. He wasn't stressed about anything. He was so not stressed that he didn't bring his school schedule with him. I text it to his phone and all was good.l


My goodness! Two good looking young men in high school! Hold on . . . yep, I'm a bit teary. That feels weird.

They both came home for lunch and ate half a loaf of bread and at least one bowl of cereal. (chuckle)

Next Gabby and Nathan got up and ready for their first day of school. I absolutely love this picture! The expression on Nate's face is classic for him.

It's really hard to get this kids to smile an average smile. That's actually an awesome quality. Who wants to be just average anyway.

Gabby looks so much older in this picture! We blow dryed her hair out last night and straightened it. She loves the color purple - hence her purple attire for the first day.


Once again I am experiencing a little short gasp of breath. Are they really old enough to look like this? These different stages pass by so quick! Oh.

Gabby is in 4th grade this year with Ms. Mangum. She is really excited to have her as a teacher.


Nathan is in 6th grade this year and has Mr. Kowallis. He has a normal sixth grade boy attitude about school this year.

We ran into Shelby before school started and I got this pictures of Shelby and Nate together. They grow so fast!

Sam ran into a friend (James) at the school before we headed over for her kindergarten assessment. She start kindergarten next week. I just don't know what to think about that.

I love my kids. They really have made my life sweet. I love, love, love em'!


4 comments:

Ella said...

What a sweet post! Love all your pics!

Shauna said...

Loved it! I can't believe how handsome the HS boys are...though it is NO surprise! And I love that you mentioned what/how much they ate at lunch! Hahaha.

Glad to see the other families in our circle of friends hve similar attitudes/facial expressions about back to school photos. Classics, every year! Thanks for sharing, Kellie!

Peggy said...

Aaa! Two in high school?! No way you are old enough for that. But dang if they aren't good looking. Cory has Mr. Kowallis, too, and thinks he is the best teacher EVER. He came home so excited. I'm glad they are in class together. And I get to aide in Gabby's class!

The Woff Pack said...

Kelly, you have such a cute family. What do you think about having everyone in school?? It is so weird. Wait until next year.