Friday, February 13, 2009

10 Reasons I Totally Scored

I am a lucky gal. I know it. I have a wonderful husband. He's a gem. So, with it being Valentine's Day and all, I though I woud share 10 reasons why I totally scored (these are in no specific order):

1. Carp is a really good Dad. I could have easily guessed this would be the case when I fell in love with his family before we got married. They are good stock. Carp remembers his Dad doing things with him and showing him love. He does the same for his kids. He thinks about little things that I overlook like taking a kid with him to run errands so they get some time together.

2. Carp has a testimony of Jesus Christ and that he has a purpose on this earth. This fact makes my desire to be a better person so much stronger than it would be if I didn't have him in my life. He hold me up to a standard that I believe I can reach because he is with me.

3. My man is good looking. He can't help it, he just is.

4. I love a good sense of humor. Carp and I laugh a lot together. Our kids laugh with him. We have lots of inside jokes and family jokes going on. He finds the funny side of everything and I totally love it.

5. Carp is a hard worker. He has always done everything he can to make sure that he is providing for his family. He is driven and likes to improve his skills. He is currently working on his master - not an easy feat when you travel as much as he does.

6. Carp is good with money. He is a saver and a planner. I am so thankful I married a man that is good with the cash stuff because I really don't like to deal with it. Yeah, we lost some money in the market this last year. Who didn't? If it were not for him, we would probably have nothing out there - that's how much I hate dealing with money.

7. Carp appreciates my talents and inspires me to do new things. He's fine with me working on a quilt. In fact, he likes when I work on a quilt. It is just wonderful that he doesn't make me fill guilty if I spend time on that.

8. Carp is adventurous and daring. He likes to do mountaineering stuff and will face mountains I don't ever entertain the thought of climbing. The same could be said of him tackling trials that he faces. He doesn't walk away from anything.

9. He loves me. Heaven knows I am self-conscious about many things. He is so sweet to me and let me know how much he loves me everyday. I sometimes wonder why - but I love him so much back that I can't be second guessing him.

10. Carp is a trustworthy person. I trust him with my thoughts, information, my physical well-being (like when rappelling) and with my life and the life of my children. He is always there for us.
As you can see, I totally scored! Carp is a 10 in my book and I love him with all my heart!

5 comments:

Ella said...

That is so awesome kelly,I feel the same way about Vince. I love that post!

Ella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shauna said...

Well said, friend. Good husbands are the best! Glad you had a good Valentine's Day.
:) Shauna

tammy said...

I'd have to say you scored a 10/10 on your 10 reasons!
Every one of them was entirely 100% accurate! You are a lucky gal ;).

i'm erin. said...

you totally scored with carp! he is awesome and sometimes when i look at the recipe on my counter, I think about your hubby a lot.

ummm...can I please retake your family pictures. please please please.