Thursday, May 27, 2010

Quiltin' Gabby

All that quilting has paid off! I now have my very own quilting protoge. Gabby asked me to teach her to quilt last year. We decided to make a doll blanket out of squares. She finished it just after Christmas and was ready for something bigger. We went through my stash and found some fabric she liked and the results are seen in this picture.


I don't know which is brighter - the gree in this quilt or the smile of accomplishment on Gabby's face. This pattern was fairly easy. Gabby pinned and sewed each block. I helped to pin the rows together and she sewed them. I put the boards on because the quilt got bulky and Gabby was unsure of her sewing. I also machine quilted it for her.


I think she did a fabulous job! She has a really good eye for a 1/4 inch seam and pays close attention to detail. We are now going go through my stash to look for the next project. I will keep you all updated.




Here's a cute picture of the girls. Sammy looks marvelous!

5 comments:

Harmony said...

Way to go Gabby! That looks awesome!

Shauna said...

She did great! It is beautiful! I can't believe how big she is...and Sammy too for that matter. What a marvelous talent to develop so early! Keep up the great work, Gabby!

tammy said...

Wow, Gabby! That quilt is so beautiful! I made my first quilt when I was your age. I was really proud of it and you should be really proud of yours!

Ella said...

Great Job, Gabby!!! Your quilt looks awesome! Maybe you will be a future Pink Pickle member! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see the next one.

Kristine said...

Impressive!