Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Christmas 2007

Christmas Day

Here are a few more pictures of Chrismas I want to share. We have several Christmas traditions. When the kids wake up (early, of course) they meet on our bed to go through their sockings. They have special stocking that their Mom Mom Herr made for them.


























We went our into our living room where the Christmas tree was lit and watched all the presents get unveiled - or in my house, ripped opened. The kids got a combined gift from Santa - the Wii. I have to admit, it's a pretty nifty thing. We had a bowling tournament a few weeks ago. Everyone kick my butt, but it was fun!

My friend Lanette (Aunt Lanette) usually spends the night on Christmas Eve so she can be here for all the excitement. We all opened out gifts and thanked each other.



I made a "man quilt" for Carp this year. While his mom was visiting for Carson's Eagle Court of Honor she and I went to a quilt shop in search of a quilt idea for her to make for John. The quilt store had just pulled this out of the dryer and was getting ready to display it. Mom surprised me by purchasing two of the kits when she was checking out - one for her to make for John and one for me to make for Carp. So - this was a gift from Carp's mom and me.

We enjoyed a Christmas breakfast (another tradition) followed by the traditional Christmas dinner. Grandma and Grandpa Sampson and Grandma Robertson were able to share our dinner this year along with Lanette. I just love having company to eat with. Company equals laughter - I always welcome that!

We were tight on money this year and the kids never complained. They got the one gift from santa (BIG gift) and some clothes and smaller things from us. They received lots from Grandparents and friends - they had plenty!

Carson and Nathan went out after dinner to shoot some of the targets they got. It was a wonderful, white Christmas that will always be rememebered fondly. I am grateful for the blessing of family and friends.

0 comments: