Monday, December 22, 2008

The Meaning of Christmas

I have never taken the time to do research on the hymns and carols for Christmas like I have during the last month. My reasearch gave me some great tidbits about the songs and I really enjoyed listening to them. However, there was a greater benefit . . . I truely gained a greater appreciation for the spirit of Christmas. Taking the time to read the words to the music and learn lessons from them helped keep Christ in my Christmas experience this year. This is why we celebrate it . . . Christ.

So, here is the immortal lesson that Linus taught us while Charlie Brown was trying to discover why we celebrate Christmas. Enjoy. . . and Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Carterista said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carterista said...

They just don't make cartoons today like they used to when we were kids!
Thanks for the message. I'm grateful that we truly celebrate Christ all year long!

Shari said...

Merry christmas Kellie! I was so sad this year not to have my cookie party. When i get back down into the county I'll have to do it again. Hope you guys had a great christmas.