Monday, March 10, 2008

Sam

Thank Heaven for Little Girls


When I found out I was pregnant with Samantha I just laughed. Not because I thought it was funny, but because I didn't see it coming. She is our little caboose at 4 1/2 years younger than Gabby. At first I my thoughts were as follows:

I can't believe I got pregnant AGAIN! I was done!

I hate being pregnant!

I have to replace all the baby stuff I gave away!

I hate being pregnant!

Crap! Diapers!

I REALLY hate being pregnant!

After I entered the acceptance phase of my pregnancy, I calmed down quite a bit. I felt the reassurance that this was my last one. I just knew it. I will be forever grateful that I was given such a strong feeling about being done. I just knew that baby would make our family complete.

Of course I survived the pregnancy. I look back now and realize if I could have appreciated the fact that I could have children so easily and that the whole process is a miracle, I would have enjoyed being pregnant more. I will always regret my general bad attitude about pregnancy. It really is a wonderful thing.


Sammy came and was an absolute delight to have. A little one softens Daddy's heart. A little one brings out a sweet side of teenagers that makes me smile when I see it. Our little Sammy is Gabbys best playmate. Sammy is my buddy during the day when all the kids are at school. We love her!


I can't imagine our family without Sammy. I absolutely feel she was meant to be part of our family. I totally give credit to Father in Heaven for knowing what I need in my life even when I don't think I need it. As with all my children, she is a blessing from above.


I love to watch my kids sleep. They look like angels!

2 comments:

Carterista said...

What a character!!! How come she's naked except when she's sleeping? :)

i'm erin. said...

she is so cute, and wild! I love her shaving picture....ohhh and by the way, that purple flower picture is beautiful!