Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter 2008
















I have always enjoyed Easter. I love the fun traditions of decorating Easter eggs, hiding candy filled baskets and the Easter egg hunt.


The kids enjoyed finding there Easter goodies in the morning before heading off to church. Later Carson hid the Easter eggs for the kids to do an egg hunt.



We had my Grandma Robertson and Lanette over for dinner. Actually, Lanette ended up making dinner. I was sick with the stomach flu and she made the dinner I had planned out for our Easter feast. What a great friend. Easter is enjoyable and fun with friends and family around.



I am grateful that I am free to celebrate a holiday that remind me of what my Savior has done for me. As I have grown older I have gained a greater appreciation for the gospel of Jesus Christ. Each opportunity I get to study his life and lessons for me I feel closer to him and understand his pupose in the "grand scheme" of life more fully.


More than anything, I am grateful I actually care to get to know him. I have a desire to have a relationship with him. I am often reminded that this is not how everyone feels. Whether in a movie I watch, something I read or even in my interaction with people I come in contact with, I see how often his mission and purpose are downplayed, disregarded as something of the past or dismissed completely. But I know without a doubt there is a reason to his sacrifice and that his resurrection was part of the plan. All good in this world come from him. He is my Savior and I love him.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Kellie-

I'm happy to see people who enjoy doing things for the holidays. As you know, I'm a scrooge. But Easter -- It's a great day to think about the Savior. Thanks for sharing!

Carterista said...

Why don't I hide the baskets??? My Easter buuny always did. Hmmm...'Course, as I sit here and ponder that, I can't think of where in the living room I'd put them. How did they hide 9 back then?

Peggy Eddleman said...

Kellie- I do love this post, and all of your great pictures, just as I love all of your posts. But, it has officially been 2 MONTHS since we've seen a new great post from you! I think I am having withdrawls... I may have to go to the doctor if I don't get my Kellie fix soon... Help me! Help me!