Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July

It's about time I break the silence. I have decided to get reaquainted with my computer this week. I've missed updating a lot of fun stuff - of which I will get to, but I had to get the pictures of my favorite holiday out there! So, here we go!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!
Tammy made this beautifully decorated patriotic cake to share. YUMMY!

I woke up to a beautiful morning and a giddy feeling that I felt a party comin' on! I placed about 20 small flags around my yard among the flowers and shrubs. Then we put out old glory to sway in the breeze. I just love watching a flag dance outside my window! I was feelin' good! I love the 4th of July celebration!

We had a get together at our house for our Independence Day fun. At one point we had 35 people here. No small party!

Carp a grillin' away! We had a feast of foods to enjoy.




Shelby and Nathan














Lanette helped out with all the sparklers. I can't thank you enough Lanette. It helps to have extra hands. Oh yeah, we found all the "extra" sparklers from last year. They were on my dryer. Hey, the 24th is coming up! We can still use em'! I love this picture of Cameron. He is helping himself the the lemonade. Great!


Grandma and Grandpa Sampson

Conner is a good sport and never made a peep even with all the loud fireworks. I love this guy!


Katie, Mom and Kellie














Jenny and her family came to enjoy dessert and fireworks. The kids all lined up near the street awaiting the show to be put on by Carson, Spencer, Seth and occasionally, Nathan.



I'm not sure I completely trust a 15 year old with matches. Carson was a little to eager to be in charge of the fireworks this year. Testosterone.
Seth found a creative use for the pyrotechnic fun - though I am still trying to figure out what it is.

Ready, light, FIRE!


Gabby




We bought a couple containers of the light sticks for braclets and necklaces. We got a kick out of what they came up with. The one's up the nose startle me a bit.
Katie and David


Chet, Dad, Mom and Carp


I read an account once about Thomas Jefferson and his stuggle to pen the Declaration of Independence in the short amount of time he was given. It was a hot week with the weight of our future country on his shoulders. He was inspired throughout his writing. He knew this the whole while along - it didn't all come from him. When he presented his masterpiece to the review committee there was little they desired to change. It was a strong piece of literature such as Machiavelli could write. It was inspiration to rival Thomas Paine. AND it had a beauty only God could weave. Is it any wonder that I love it?!?!

5 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

Kellie! I was so coming to your blog today to BEG you to update it. Hehehehe :-)

It looks like your Independence celebration was AWESOME! You may just get some party crashers next year. (Seriously. My kids were asking what the definition of "Party Crasher" was just a few days ago-- they would LOVE to know what it means in the "I've done it" sense!) Great pictures. I especially loved the one with the light sticks!

Shauna said...

Kellie--I am with you about Loving America and the 4th of July! Your pictures makes your party look so fun! Glad you guys had a great weekend!
:) Shauna

kellieanne said...

Peggy - I almost called you to let you know I actually updated my blog. I was thinking, "Peggy is going to be so proud of me." Thanks for the nudge.

tammy said...

Hmmm.......our Fourth of July blogs are eerily similar .......Hahahaha!! thanks for the cute picture of me holding the cake looking like Heidi! I'm going to go yodel now.....

Carterista said...

There wouldn't happen to be a piece of that cake hiding somewhere, would there?