Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ice Climbing - a sport for crazy people

Now, I like me some fun outdoor exploring.

However, I just don't think I can EVER envision myself climbing an ice wall. I don't like to be cold. I'm not wild about using axes to keep me from falling. Knowing me, I would probably drop one and severe a limb or impale myself in the chest.

BUT, as with many testosterone driven activities, my husband and son love ice climbing. Carp took Carson up to Bridal Veil Falls a couple weeks ago and did some climbing. Carson came home totally pumped. He recounted to me different manuvers he used and how he had to hurry past certain points because the ice cold spray from the running falls were blowing on him. Wow! That sounds like fun!

It's when I saw the pictures that I could kind of understand the draw. I have seen pictures like these before. However, after Carson's vivid description I did grasp a bit more why he is drawn to the madness, oh, I mean "fun" and adventure of ice climbing.

4 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

Wow-- that does look like fun! It'd be hard not to enjoy a sport that allowed you to hang out in scenery like that!

Carterista said...

I think I'd be great just taking in the scenery from below.
Your boys will have them best memories of their dad, huh?

Nicholle said...

That is not a sport for me at all! I don't know if I could let my boys do it! It sure is beautiful though!

Kristine said...

That's some rad pics! I'm not sure that I am THAT crazy...