Wednesday, January 14, 2009

S.U.C.K.E.R.

Yep. That's me. I am a sucker.

I had my laptop open on my table when Tammy stopped by the other night to pick up Shelby. She took that opportunity to hold me to the, "Yeah, one of these days I'll sign up for facebook" comment. So, she helped me breeze through the process. I am now a facebook sucker, I mean, participant.

Truth be told, it is kind of fun to see what everyone writes. I especially like seeing all the teenage kids interact with the adults. It's interesting what they hold back and what they don't. I also had no clue my son was commenting on all of MY friends facebook pages. Who knew!

There is one thing that has really made the leap worth it for me. Through a "mutual friend" I have located one of my favorite Young Women's leaders. I thought getting new paint on my hallway walls was best part of my day until I got the email from Anita responding to my inquiry as to whether or not she was who I thought she was.

I admit, I am a sucker. Apparently being a sucker can be worth it!

4 comments:

Shelby said...

I have to say, that does make it all worth while!! I would love to hook up with one of my YW leaders!! Maybe I'll go check if she's there.....

Shelby said...

Well I'll be dipped! As soon as I left the last comment, I went to facebook and typed in my favorite YW leaders name and there she was!! Haha!! What a great invention!!

kellieanne said...

You know Tammy, in a round about way it was really you that put into motion that idea. It's that sharing of the half brain thing.

Carterista said...

Then I'm going to try it too.
What's scary is that some of our YW are in touch with us!