Monday, January 26, 2009

Pyxlin

I was talking with a friend of mine last week, (cough, Vicki, cough) and she shared a really neat website with me. It's called Pyxlin.

I am a horrible journal keeper. I try to make myself feel better about the whole subject by telling people that I keep a blog. The truth is, I know deep down that I am still entrenched in my horrible journal writingness. Well, the subject of journal keeping came up with my friend and she pulled up the website she uses to organize and write her journals. That's right - JOURNALS! I was so impressed, I came home and took a tour of their site and I said, "sign me up!"

The site is http://www.pyxlin.com/ - it pretty cool. Signing up gives you access to the online storage they have for your writing, ability to keep mulitple journals at once, add photos (color and black and white), and you can have them publish it for you or download and take it somewhere else.

There is a fee but it's not bad. If you pay annually ($30) it breaks down to $2.50 a month. You can also sign up for a one month free trial.

So, here goes my "attempt" at becoming more than I am . . . or just actually doing something I shoud really already be doing.

4 comments:

kellieanne said...

Everything you write on it can be copied and pasted into whatever program you want to save to a cd. They don't offer it on that site, but they do seem to take a lot of advice under their belt to upgrade.

I did check out the lds journal site. It looks really cool. I think they do offer photos to be uploaded. There is limited storage. To get unlimited and additional stuff you have to pay the same price as pyxlin.

Maybe I should sign up for both and see which is easier to use.

The Woff Pack said...

Kellie, thanks for sharing. I am glad I'm not the only one who isn't a very good journal writer. My biggest problem is being obstinate. My husband has missed only a handful of days since he was in the 9th grade. He used to tell me I needed to write. So I wouldn't do it. Now, I wish I had. This just might be the thing to get me going.

Nicholle said...

I'll have to check out the site! Thanks for a fun visit yesterday. If you need help painting, I would love to help. I'm a great taper! Spencer and Sammy could play! Let me know!

jeffreyharmon said...

Thanks for the shout out! Hope you enjoy Pyxlin. Let us know if you have any suggestions on how to make the system better. We are working on beginning stages of "Pixlin 2.0" right now and it is a good time to give your input.