Monday, November 10, 2008

Sean turns 40

Phone conversation with my Mom (went something like this . . . ):

Mom: "Hey Sean!"

Sean: "Hey. I'm feeling a little bad. Nobody remembered my birthday today."

Mom: "You mean you didn't get my card in the mail? Maybe it will come Monday."


Sean with his 3 oldest: Cody, Sid and Alix.

I know the conversation didn't go exactly like that, but Sean did call my Mom and said that nobody remembered his birthday. This was probably because we were all invited to a SURPRISE 40th birthday party for him. Yes, he was very surprised.

MaryJane and Sean


MaryJane collected and scanned photos of Sean growing up and of his kids. She also went around to my family and hers and did video clips of people sharing memories and wishes for a happy birthday. She had them all put together in a birthday DVD for him. It was so cool!

There were a lot of people there. It was great fun to see some friends we haven't seen for a while and I always like seeing MaryJane's family because they are so nice!


My sister Jenny and some of her kids: Chase, McKenzie, Sierra and Logan.

My sister Katie, Sean and I.

5 Things I am grateful for:

1. My water heater. The pilot light went out on Saturday. When I tried to give my girls a bath there was only cold water. Thanks be given for running HOT water!

2. That I get along with my family. It sure makes family get togethers fun!

3. For funny misquotes by kids. We have taken to playing the BOM cd's on Sunday morning the hour before church to get the kids settled and ready to go. While doing my hair Gabby came in the bathroom to ask me what "decay in the past" meant. I couldn't figure out what she was getting at. She said, "The guy on the cd keeps saying it over and over." I had to laugh. I guess "decay in the past" sounds a lot like "It came to pass."

4. My home and yard. The bank still may hold a controling interest in it, but someday it will be mine. I am grateful for the shelter it provides, the security it holds for my kids, and the land that I can plop a seed in the ground and grow something.

5. Fresh fruit. I love the colors, the myriad tastes abounding, and the aromas of all fruits. I crave them more than sugary treats - well, most of the time.

1 comments:

Shelby said...

I love your "5 things" lists! They put a smile on my face and inspire me to think of my blessings!