Friday, November 28, 2008

I am so grateful . . .

I hope you all had a safe and fun Thanksgiving holiday. It's pretty fun, isn't it? Eating and chatting with friends and family - I sure enjoyed myself.

There are so many things I am grateful for. I have been listing some of the things on my mind each time I post a blog. Today, I'm just going to make a list of MORE things I am grateful for.


1. That I live in the land of plenty. I ate SO MUCH yesterday at our Thanksgiving feast with my family. I also used gas at my own discretion to get there, stayed as long as I wanted and drove as fast as comfortable on the way there and back. We have so many great things to enjoy in America (cars, gas, food, medical care etc . . . ) This really is the land of plenty.


2. That I can give service in my church. Sometimes I'm not as grateful as I should be. But really, what a great opportunity to have someone trust me to teach kids or to rely on me to answer the promptings to visit someone, to use and develop talents and to be part of something that is healthy and wonderful in my life. I really am grateful that I have a calling that I can grow and serve in.


3. I am grateful for friends. Where would I be without all of you? I have so many great friends with sanguine personalities. You all make me feel so warm and fuzz! Truely - that is a blessing.


4. I am grateful for my ability to see and hear. I would be lost without words and music. I know there are ways to experience those things, I'm just grateful I don't have to face the challenge of figuring that all out.


5. I am grateful for sugar. I know it's an artificial high. I can do artificial.


6. That my cats are tolerant. They really should have run away a long time ago. There really should be scratch marks all over Sammy. I couldn't really blame the cats with how she man handles them. I am grateful they put up with all the extra loving and don't react adversely to her affection and wild ideas of "fun."


7. I'm grateful I live near a second hand store. Hey, everyone needs somewhere they can shop - and afford it.


8. For Christmas Carols. Actually, I love the whole Christmas season. I thought Christmas carols were ruined for me because of the pregnancy association thing (I was pregnant with Sammy during Christmas.) I got sick in my stomach for a couple years whenever I heard Christmas carols. I am so grateful that has passed and I can enjoy carols with out the urge to retch.


9. My scriptures are something I am very grateful for. I am also grateful I have had the prompting to study and read them everyday. I am definitely no scholar - far from it! However, I understand them more than I did a year ago, and the year before that, and the year before that etc . . . I hope I never drop the ball on this one!


10. That I am a mother and a wife. Those two are my favorite words to hear. I don't care if other peoples kids call me Mom besides my own little buggers. I just like to be called Mom. While I was washing dishes yesterday I heard Carp talking to his aunt on the phone. He was telling her he really had a good life. He told her he had a wonderful wife. I paused for a moment when I heard that and thanked God for him and that he appreciates and love me.


So there you have 10 more things I am grateful for. Count your blessings as you watch a clip from one of my top ten favorite movies ever (White Christmas.)


6 comments:

tammy said...

Kellie---your list of things to be thankful for was really good. I know we think of these things everyday, but it's still nice to put it out there!

Sherry said...

Hey......I didn't see UNDERPANTS on your list. Great post!!!!

JoMamma said...

Your list was great. I've enjoyed reading some of your other post that included other things you are grateful for.

Enjoy the Chirstmas Carols.

Shauna said...

Thanks for the gentle reminders, again. You have been very grateful this month online, and it is rubbing off. We should remember our blessings more overtly, more often. Enjoy your weekend.

:) Shauna

Carterista said...

I love this post, Kelly! I like how you elaborated on each blessing. It made it less quotidian and more meaningful.

Also, nice use of the word sanguine :cheerfully optimistic, hopeful, or confident.
It also means bloody, but of course, you weren't referring to your infatuation with vampires...were you?

i'm erin. said...

Did you know that White Christmas is one of my top 5 movies ever! I love it love it love it! I loved your list. Carp is great and I love sugar too. You are a great friend and I am so happy that I know you.