Thursday, July 24, 2008

And they're off . .



Carson left Tuesday for the much anticipated Pioneer Trek experience he has been in prep mode for during the last few months. Honestly, most the prep was in the form of Carp picking up things at D.I. for him. The activities he was asked to complete before Trek mostly took place last week. Yes, he is my kid - putting off things to the last minute.
He seemed kind of excited to go until the beginning of this week. His excitement amped up a bit when the departure was imminent. He met his Trek "family" at the last fireside and did most the talking. I hope he doesn't drive them all crazy.


Carp dropped Carson off early Tuesday morning for the Trek departure. There were swarms of "pioneer children" - okay, teenagers, everywhere. He took some pics for me.


Brady, Brandon, Brian and Carson


Carp and I are leaving tomorrow morning to be part of the "rescue party" that meets up with the pioneers at Rock Creek Hollow. We are excited to go and feed the hungry masses. We will be staying overnight so we will be there for the fireside and breakfast before returning home. We tried to keep our involvement quiet until after Carson left so when he finds us waiting for him he will be surprised. I can't wait to see him!


Carson and Sidney

2 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

All those pictures bring back such fond memories! I hope they have a great time. It is such an awesome experience!

Shari said...

I can't believe how old carason is looking. I saw him the other day at Slocums. He's getting tall too. Happy late birthday. How did I not know it was your birthday the same day as Katelyn. Well Hope you had a great Birthday. Shari