Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What a flower would say . . .



Yesterday I had to get up early to irrigate at 5:02 a.m. - not fun, but worth the watering. It was overcast, muggy and sort of sprinkling a bit. Anyway, I was all finished and decided to stomp around my garden area and grass out front to see what was watered and what was not when I came across the flower pictured below.


Now, the day before Tammy and I had noticed it when we were checking out any new produce in my garden. A single choke cherry had impaled itself on top of the cone flower. This morning, a second had fallen in just the right spot.

For some reason this picture reminds me of Wall-e. It a friendly innocent face, isn't it? It's inviting as if to say, "Notice me, I want to be your friend." It just made me feel happy after freezing my feet off in the irrigation water for 30 minutes.

Here are some more pics of what is happening among my flowers and in the garden.














7 comments:

Nicholle said...

Okay, So I knew you were an accomplished gardener, which by the way looks incredible. I didn't know that you were a great photographer as well! The pictures of your garden and flowers are amazing! So glad I finally joined your blog world!

tammy said...

Check out my july 22nd blog Kellie! Hahahaha!! Now I know we are connected at the cerebral cortex!! That Wall-e flower is awesome! Produce perfect as usual! You are my horticultural hero!!

Shari said...

Your Garden looks great. How do you have time for quilting? How do you have time for anything?

Peggy Eddleman said...

That flower is freakin adorable! I am in awe of your gardens- flower and vegetable. They are so pretty!! I'm going to have to come check it out in person very soon.

Sherry said...

It's totally Wall-e. I'm telling you.....you need to submit your photos in the Costco contest. You would win!!!!

Sampson Family said...

Your garden is amazing! If some of your yummy vegetables are looking for a home, I know a good one. :)

Shauna said...

I love your garden! And I think it does look like Wall-E, both are so cute.
:) Shauna