Monday, July 7, 2008

Rappelling near the falls

Carp discovered a while back that someone had bolted into a rock just above the falls up Battlecreek. He took the scouts rappelling a few weeks ago. They had a blast. Seth sure enjoyed himself. So when Carp asked if I wanted to go rappelling this weekend I was definitely game. I laced up my shoes, popped some water and my camera in a day pack and off we went.


Starting down. Carp estimates it's about 60ish feet down.


I was a little nervous because I had only gone climbing on indoor rock walls. However, once I got the harness on and started walking my way down I totally loved it! It helps that Carp knows what he is doing and I totally trust him to make sure I am safe when we do crazy stuff like this. Besides, the mist from climbing down near the falls helped me "keep my cool." I would have gone down more than twice but we had to get back because we had left Carson with all the other kids. Don't want to take advantage of his good nature if you know what I mean.

So, if you're in for some fun outdoor adventure, check it out - or better yet, give us a call and we can check it out with you!

Nathan came along for the hike but was to light to rappel down by himself. Carp tried to belay him down but he got to nervous. Maybe next time.

1 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

Look at how cool you are, Kellie! That first picture is AWESOME!

Kudos on the daring adventure, and double kudos for updating your blog twice in two days!