Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sure, I can give a talk . . .

As I sit here at my computer trying to articulate what I will present for my assigned talk at Church tomorrow, I can't help but feel a bit stressed. I was asked to give a talk on avoiding contention, backbiting and gossip. That is a hard topic to talk about without feeling like I'm preachy. I would rather get up and discuss the reproductive anatomy of man and woman that give a talk on this subject. Then again, maybe not. Both topics make me turn red (for different reasons) and both make me sweat (again, for different reasons.)

I guess and I am grateful for the topic I was given. It sounds a little easier now.

4 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

Hehehehe! I totally feel for you. That isn't a talk I could give without feeling like I could somehow rid my home of contention first. And since I haven't figured that one out... Maybe I should have ditched RS and snuck in to listen to your talk!

Right now, you are probably sitting with your Sunday School class feeling much more at home than than you were just a few minutes ago. Congratulations for making it through it! Let us know how it went.

Sherry said...

O.K. I wasn't at church on Sunday but I heard from the "Bishop" that the talks were AWESOME!!!! When he told me who spoke I didn't even have to ask if they did a good job. It was obvious. Good Going!

tammy said...

I want to hear the talk about reproduction......I'm not sure I have it right yet.

Unknown said...

I am sure we could invite you to our ward for that "alternative talk".