Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yes, a cello can be amped up

One day months and months ago, Tammy and I were surfing the web together. Well, actually, we were on the phone and each of us were suggesting websites to check out and videos to watch. Time waster, I know, but it's what friends do. Friends don't let friends surf the web alone. Anyway, she told me about a video that Sid had found of some crazy guys rocking out on cellos. I was directed to the video of Hall of the Mountain King, that's right, the classic piece had a makeover. Now, I know she did it in jest so we could have a good laugh, but I LOVED IT!!!!!

Now, Tammy being the good friend she is, has humored me as I sent her videos clips and filled her in on the background of this cool Finnish rock band called Apocalyptica that started out playing Metallica covers and now writes their own music that I totally dig. She even bought me an Apocalyptica CD for Christmas. What a cool friend.

As I sat here listening to my music while trying to decide what to write for my blog marathon (this is the 6th day), I decided to share one of my favorite bands to listen to. Some of the songs have just cello music (occasionally drums) and some have guest singers from places like Germany and Finland.

So, here is a video to watch - one of their milder songs, but a Metallica song non the less. It's called Nothing Else Matters.



And here is a playlist with some selections to puruse.


SeeqPod - Playable Search

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Peggy Eddleman said...

LOVED Hall of the Mountain King. Thanks!!